RE@21: Celebrate RE’s 21st Birthday in Rio!
Already well known worldwide for its carnival, samba schools, and passion for football, the ‘Marvelous City’ (‘Cidade Maravilhosa’) of Rio de Janeiro now becomes known for Requirements Engineering!
The 21st IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE’13) is being held at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), close to the famous beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana.
RE’13 offers an extensive program of interest to both academia and industry:
- 3 keynote sessions
- 3 conference days full of paper presentations and posters, panels, mini-tutorials, as well as novel
- RE Interactive sessions to get involved, try things out, and have your say
- 4 RE@21 sessions: a look at the contributions of the RE Conference and the future of RE, including invited presentations by past and this year’s Most Influential Paper award winners
- 5 tutorials preceding the conference to develop skills in RE practices
- 7 workshops preceding the conference to discuss popular and emerging RE topics
- ER@BR’13 (Requirements Engineering @ Brasil) – a chance to connect with the RE community in Brasil many opportunities for students, including a doctoral symposium
If you are a Requirements Engineer, how can you resist the combination of this program AND the opportunity to pack your beach towel?
Here’s your 5-point checklist for getting yourself to RE’13 in Rio:
1) Register to the conference
2) Make sure your passport is up to date
3) Get a visa if you need one
4) Book a flight
5) Book a hotel
Then, just turn up on July 15th-19th, 2013 to celebrate the RE conference’s 21st birthday in Rio … see you there!